Thursday, December 3, 2009

2. Third Formal Paper: Performance Critique

Drew And Ellie Holcomb

On September 3o, 2009 I attended a Drew and Ellie Holcomb concert in Bradenton Florida. Drew and Ellie are not only musical partners, but they are also husband and wife. The young, Tennessee couple, sing about their personal relationship and also their spiritual relationship with God, with a folk flair. This performance was the first I have ever been to and hopefully not the last.


Drew and Ellie captivate their audience with their haunting voices and beautiful lyrics. Not only were they brilliant on stage, but they were also very personable and humble. With their thick southern draw, they told jokes and shared their love story. After the show they interacted and visited the audience, which is a nice change of pace from your normal musicians. After talking to Ellie, I realized how it had felt like talking to a friend that I had known for years. After attending the concert I downloaded the majority of their songs on itunes and have been waiting for a couple more songs to be released (they are supposed to come out on December 1), which I have been religiously been checking everyday since they concert.


I arrived to the concert a little late but entered on what was said to be their best song, “I like to be with me when I'm with you.”. This song is certainly one of my favorites but my absolute favorite is one I have been unable to listen to since the concert, since it has not been released yet. This proves how good the Holcombs are, since people wait for certain songs of theirs to come out. While this song was being played I actually felt myself start to cry, because like many of their songs it was relatable or they describe something that a person would strive to accomplish in their love life. Many may think that their music is only meant for girls or country lovers but this is not true. Many young men and people who like other genres of music attended the concert.


Overall this concert was very successful and Drew and Ellie Holcomb are very influential people. Their music is very positive and sends out good messages to not only young adults, but to people of all generations. I would highly recommend researching this couple or even better, attending a concert.


Drew+Holcomb++The+Neighbors+holcombs.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment