Thursday, December 3, 2009

5. Blink Snapshot


Blink Snapshot


After reading Blink, I realized how often I used snap judgements in a good way. My mother is very good at reading people on the spot, just by looking at the person and observing a short conversation. I used to envy they way she was able to tell whenever a person was lying and be amazed when she could tell someone had a bad personality. I did not realize until I moved down here to Florida that I inherited these same qualities. While many of my friends are having trouble understanding someone's personality or realizing that a certain guy is not good for them, I am able to see through many people at first meeting. This at first amazed me that I was able to do this and kind of aggravated me to some degree, but now I just consider myself lucky to have this excellent understanding of people. Shortly after discovering this new quality of myself, I knew that this is was Blink must be talking about. I use my snap decisions to my advantage and to help me determine who I trust or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment