Thursday, December 3, 2009

4. Free Write: Depicting Identities



Free Write: Depicting Identities (photography/family photos)


Monday morning class, we talked about the hardest part of writing an essay. My response was simple, I have always had trouble writing the conclusion. While this may be true, I can also have a terrible time starting a paper. Since I am such an indecisive person, I struggle with the direction I want my paper to go. Do I talk about the artists life or her actual work? Those are just a couple main questions that I have always struggled with.

The direction I am leaning towards with my paper on Dorothea Lange is the work itself. Event though we are told to highlight a certain chapter, I feel like if I do not have a main idea to start with, I am more likely to get lost in the information.

No comments:

Post a Comment